• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

At the press conference they said "at least 25,000". Might be larger or expandable. It would make sense to partner with the Republic or at least have them as a tenant. Crazy to build two 20,000+ seat stadiums 6 miles from each other.
They mentioned a co-tenant during the presser, my guess is Sac Republic.

Crazy to build two 20,000+ seat stadiums 6 miles from each other.

IDK that crazy is the right word. It actually happens all the time.

For example, San Jose State’s on-campus football stadium is only 5 miles from the San Jose Earthquakes PayPal Park. Real Salt Lake’s America First Field is 15 miles from the University of Utah’s near 52,000 capacity Rice-Eccles stadium. Countless examples just like that can also be cited.

Furthermore, you don’t often, if ever, see professional teams sharing stadiums on college campuses. If anything, it’s usually the other way around — such as University of Miami’s football team sharing Hard Rock Stadium with the Dolphins.

I realize that Sac Republic isn’t MLS, but they hope to be one day. While most things are possible, it just seems unorthodox for the potential MLS team to not have their own stadium. When you add the fact that city of Sacramento still badly wants to develop the railyards, losing the potential catalyst of a soccer stadium could really hurt that effort.

I could more so see Sac State’s new sports stadium being a temporary thing for the Republic until they get their own facility built. But their initial involvement/commitment would still help.

Last edited:
IDK that crazy is the right word. It actually happens all the time.

For example, San Jose State’s on-campus football stadium is only 5 miles from the San Jose Earthquakes PayPal Park. Real Salt Lake’s America First Field is 15 miles from the University of Utah’s near 52,000 capacity Rice-Eccles stadium. Countless examples just like that can also be cited.

Furthermore, you don’t often, if ever, see professional teams sharing stadiums on college campuses. If anything, it’s usually the other way around — such as University of Miami’s football team sharing Hard Rock Stadium with the Dolphins.

I realize that Sac Republic isn’t MLS, but they hope to be one day. While most things are possible, it just seems unorthodox for the potential MLS team to not have their own stadium. When you add the fact that city of Sacramento still badly wants to develop the railyards, losing the potential catalyst of a soccer stadium could really hurt that effort.

I could more so see Sac State’s new sports stadium being a temporary thing for the Republic until they get their own facility built. But their initial involvement/commitment would still help.
Many of the MLS play in the NFL Stadiums. Not a soccer fan but it seems that what is limiting the Republic's entry into MLS not being able to afford the entry fee plus build their stadium in the railyard.
Being involved in the stadium project might be helpful for both Sac State and the Republic.

Many of the MLS play in the NFL Stadiums. Not a soccer fan but it seems that what is limiting the Republic's entry into MLS not being able to afford the entry fee plus build their stadium in the railyard.
Being involved in the stadium project might be helpful for both Sac State and the Republic.

I don't disagree that it can/will be helpful to both sides. I was just pointing out that 20K+ stadiums miles apart is not at all an uncommon thing, and to the contrary is actually rather common. Even more so when college and pro teams are involved. That's all.

As I stated before, I can see the Hornets and Republic FC partnering up in the the relative short term. However, I don't think it will be a long term thing if/when Republic FC eventually promotes to MLS. Just my opinion based upon numerous things, some already stated.

However, having said that, there's no guarantee Republic FC will ever end up in MLS. And if not, I think it is very likely that they'll remain at their current location, or at Sac State if that partnership comes to fruition, for a very long time.

Texas State is who everyone else is pointing to right now for the Pac. MWC saying they’re targeting them is Gloria Nevarez being pugnacious as much as anything.

(Personally, for the Pac, I think the greater wisdom is to go to Gonzaga and say “if there’s one available school that has football and suits your basketball wishes, who?” Not that Gonzaga is still gettable for the Pac (them being promised a full share-same as the football schools- is the attraction), but that might be the best course of action here.

Texas State is who everyone else is pointing to right now for the Pac. MWC saying they’re targeting them is Gloria Nevarez being pugnacious as much as anything.

(Personally, for the Pac, I think the greater wisdom is to go to Gonzaga and say “if there’s one available school that has football and suits your basketball wishes, who?” Not that Gonzaga is still gettable for the Pac (them being promised a full share-same as the football schools- is the attraction), but that might be the best course of action here.

That's a hard sell to other schools who put money into their football program for them to give up a portion of their share to a non football program.

Latest posts

Back