• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

UNLV game

biobengal said:
BengalSapper said:
psk584 said:
Let's just hope this team can put this game behind them and move on. I have a bad feeling that we may not recover from this loss and the team will lose any confidence it had going into this season.

I would be very surprised if ISU goes 500. Bunch of season ticket holders including myself are ready to return out tickets.

IMO, ISU will not go 0.500 and be lucky to win 1 or 2 more games.

Regarding you and a bunch of your buddies turning in your tickets. Turn in your tickets and then buzz off.

Its only three games because of our great scheduling. That is the attitude that I am talking about biobengal my buddies and I are the next generation of boosters.... We are the ones that have stuck it out good and bad but this is just stupid.

After the Portland State game, 6 of the 9 remaining games were on the road. That's not a recipe for success. It's bad scheduling year after year. It didn't have anything to do with tonight's game, but it's hard to generate success year in and year out.

biobengal said:
As far as I can tell, this is the most points given up since 1919.

I remember Idaho putting up a bunch of points against McNeely (who was blitzing the entire game) and I remember Portland State put up a bunch against Kramer 2-3 years ago in Portland. Were those games under 80?

spudbowl said:
biobengal said:
As far as I can tell, this is the most points given up since 1919.

I remember Idaho putting up a bunch of points against McNeely (who was blitzing the entire game) and I remember Portland State put up a bunch against Kramer 2-3 years ago in Portland. Were those games under 80?

High 70's.

Fun fact: in Kramer's second year ISU gave up 70+ points 4 times and won just one game.... against Black Hills State. :lol:

ISU should have signed a JUCO QB last season to back up Arias and get him ready for this season. It is not Sanders fault to be brought into a program blind.

OL cannot run block or Finney is not as good as predicted. Terrible rushing game

ISU should have signed a full scholarship to a traditional punter and a field goal kicker.

We are not the team Kramer thinks. Cannot use injuries an an excuse as all teams have injuries.

UNLV made a statement to Kramer. Do not talk so much about being able to win at UNLV during off season

80 points- wow and with second stringers in second half

Just caught Kramer's post game. It doesn't take a genius to see how he feels about the scheduling, including the 2 FBS games.

Cal Poly will try to run up score next week as payback. The Bengals will have to show up as a new team as the present team is not playing so well in all categories other than Sanders and Magnum.

Cry me a river, Kramer...you knew exactly what you were getting into before you ever signed your contract. Your scheduled meat games are actually not as bad as most teams from ISU have had to contend with, plus you got Tingley to schedule terrible teams just so you could get a win. This is 5 years you have had to build this team and you failed miserably. Don't use the schedule as an excuse because ISU has been playing meat games for 10 years. Karma has come around to bite you in the a**. You are not a motivater..you are nothing but an arrogant blow hard.

biobengal said:
80 points.

When was the last time ISU gave up 80?

Football or basketball? :rofl:

As for the ass clowns bemoaning the scheduling of two FBS teams, it wasn't long ago everyone thought that ISU had a reasonable chance to beat UNLV (on the way to a Big Sky Championship, too).

The major scheduling faux pas rests with whoever put ISU on the road for four games in a row. :thumbdown: This happened a few seasons ago, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong.) By the time ISU returned to the Holt, the football team was of little to no interest to almost everyone.

billcody, I noticed you didn't use this identity to post anything from February of 2014 until now. You didn't post the entire 2014 football season. Why is that? That bitter? Maybe you're from one of those smaller dying rural towns in Idaho whose school has lost its football program, so there's not much else to do.

notabengalalum, the problem is the entire schedule. Of course that includes the 4 away games in a row, but it also includes the 2 yearly FBS games. You know a school like Montana wouldn't allow 4 away games in a row. It's ridiculous. The 2 yearly FBS games weren't scheduled by ISU until 2006, and they were a gift left by Senter. He scheduled an extra game with Idaho for little to no money, and he was trying to find extra income for the large staff he had hired. That was also the last season for Larry. Skip a year, and Bubb is the one who began scheduling 2 yearly games. I mean, if HE thought it was a great idea, then it must be so. ISU will always be the underdog going into a game with FBS opponents. Don't think for a moment that other coaches don't use ISU's schedule against them when it comes to recruiting.

By the way, I checked, and it was Kramer's first season when ISU played 4 away games in a row. They returned to play EWU in front of 5,000 fans, give or take. They went well over a month away from Poky, and you're right, most interest was gone.

I think that playing the two FBS games per year is a necessary evil that we need to do in order to balance the budget. Tingey had said that these money games make up about 10% of the athletic budget. Until we get an attendance of about 18,000 per game like MSU has or about 25,000 per game like Montana has, then I'm sure we'll always be playing these games.

Watching this game was like having a dagger thrown into my heart, especially after the promise and potential that we've shown for this season. This is pretty tough. Kramer's a great coach and I'm sure he's well aware of the problems that we've got. And I'm sure that he's got some strategies implemented so that we can get our problems remedied.

JJB..Actually a Montana State alumni that lives in Pocatello..Kramer tarnished Montana State's reputation and obviously you support him bit I don't and I have a right to my opinion....the reason I didn't post 8s because I really had no interest last year...here is a news flash...not everyone is a Kramer lover!

I am not a Kramer hater but concerned about our team's progress. This is his fourth year and I certainly expected more. We have had JC QBs every year during his tenure. You mean that during that time span we could not develop internaly a damn good and affective QB for this season. Same thing can be said for the defense, special teams, etc. I remember when Kramer was hired. This board was projecting great things from Kramer for this season. Maybe it will still happen but I am at this point concerned about Kramer's planning abilities. This should be his season to really kick ass or at least continue showing positive progress. I don't see progress, just the return of the bungals.

Spudbowl, in 1994 Idaho beat us 70-21 up in Moscow. Idaho's coach back then was John L. Smith, and he was intentionally trying to run up the score, which he made a consistent habit of doing when he was a head coach. McNeely confronted him about that after the game. However, we went on to finish the season at 6-5 with quality wins over Montana State, BSU, EWU, and Montana.

boisebengal said:
Spudbowl, in 1994 Idaho beat us 70-21 up in Moscow. Idaho's coach back then was John L. Smith, and he was intentionally trying to run up the score, which he made a consistent habit of doing when he was a head coach. McNeely confronted him about that after the game. However, we went on to finish the season at 6-5 with quality wins over Montana State, BSU, EWU, and Montana.

Thanks Boise, 70 points seemed like a lot in those years. I believe that Smith stated that ISU continued to blitz throughout the game and that is why he continued to run the score. It looks like 77 points were scored by Portland State against us so 80 points is the most points against ISU in my lifetime at least.

I still think ISU is better than this. Too bad Arias couldn't be here for one last shot. UNLV, I thought, should be a win. Very surprised. Conference time with ANOTHER road trip, this time CP SLO, who have played at Griz and Cats, so no surprises, and will be a good evaluation of just how good or bad ISU is in reality. As for Kramer, if he can't get it done, it can't be done. End football and turn Holt Arena into a tater barn or worlds largest indoor pool. With attendance averaging what it has, Pocatello doesn't deserve FCS football. Take away the kids attendance, its down right embarassing.

What's the end game?

I think we all hate losing. But things aren't gonna change very much coaching wise this year.

I think UNLV is better than it looked on paper.

There problems with the program lie with the kicking game no doubt.
We are all too ready to blame people... Remember this season Kramer is developing coaches as well as players this year. I'm still wondering when we're gonna hear from Bailey about why he left when he did. Something in that direction stinks and has obviously caused some huge problems here.

Latest posts

Back