• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hind sight is 20/20: A look back through years

Believer and Paws you have both been model posters, respectful and thoughtful. For that I am grateful.

It is hard for me to criticize folks on this board that have done some of the same things that I have done in the past. Spartan and I use to go at it all the time and trust me, things got colorful and less than respectful. However, over time I have learned to respect Spartan for what he brings to the forum.

I guess my point is this, I don't have to condone the way a poster delivers a message. I try to look for the substance in the message. My point with Milk had more to do with implying that he was a bad fan and had nothing to do with supporting the method of delivery.

The way I see it, Milk is agreeing to some things and is coming in line with regards to being respectful. Trust me, I have seen many posters on this board make a successful transition. I would like to think that I have made that transition myself, although I admit that I have a relapse now and again.

I have always believed that respect should never be demanded, but earned.

bengalbeliever said:
Tigersmilk:
This is where you lose all credibility with me.
Kidding or not.

bengalbeliever - do not worry about tigersmilk comments as tigersmilk is still upset about Coach Z not recommending him for the position of usher at the bengal games. he is still working the hot dog stand in the back of the arena. just ask for Mr. Hotdog when you go to the concession stand, it is tigersmilk.

tigersmilk is now a Coach Z fan as he is very very happy about his 2 year extension onto his contract thanks to his buddy Tingey who he admires....Even up for improvement is becoming a Coach Z fan as he now has a picture of Coach Z hanging from his living room wall by the TV.

up for the challenge said:
tigersmilk is now a Coach Z fan as he is very very happy about his 2 year extension onto his contract thanks to his buddy Tingey who he admires....Even up for improvement is becoming a Coach Z fan as he now has a picture of Coach Z hanging from his living room wall by the TV.

it's like you're the reincarnation of nostradamus or something...you should come give me a big hug at the game, i might need it.

VOTB, I am calling bullshit on that...

....you throw flowers and some throw grenades. All I see is folks that have a passion about the direction of the program. Some are satisfied and others are not. Damn near everyone of us that post have tossed flowers from time to time and most have popped the pin on the grenade a time or two.

You absolutely can call "BS" on me Cub...it won't be the first time it's happened, nor will it be the last. I do subscribe to one of Coach Z's philosophies..and it's that occasionally I'm going to piss people off. If I try to please everyone all the time, I'm betraying myself, and I think that's what you're trying to say to me, as well.

My entire point is that the coaching decision has now been made for at least two years. Anyone has a right to be pissed off at it if they want...and to express that opinion. However, it will do no good to drag this debate on for another two years. That doesn't mean I think critics should just shut up. I think if there are things that need attention, they should be discussed. I have no crystal ball that tells me Coach Z will have an 11-0 team in two years, as a matter of fact, I'm sure he won't. But I also think the last thing we needed right now was another coaching change.

Like I said, if you're pissed off and angry about the contract extension...you basically have a couple of choices; you can divorce yourself from the program and forget about it (not an easy thing to do), or you can decide to try and help it succeed (yes, that includes pointing out when things need fixed). And there is a third option...it's the "I'm so angry about this I'm going to do everything in my power to destroy this coach, drive a wedge between players and him and try to get the thing to implode to make me look like a genius, and I hate the AD and think he's an idiot and if I can help this thing fail then I can prove my point that way, too" option. And pointing out problems and looking for ways to solve them doesn't put anyone in the third-option category. Like I said in an earlier post...it's actually exciting to see animated, thought-provoking discussions on here...but I am a firm believer in "civil dialogue". I have never been and never will be a proponent of shutting down those with opinions I disagree with. I see far too many efforts being made across our country right now that will eventually lead to a loss of free speech. I'll die fighting to protect that right...for eveyone on here. I just don't think it needs to include personal attacks, etc. For 8 years I hosted a radio talk show, with an admitted conservative bent to it...but because of that I ALWAYS made it a point to invite liberals onto my show to discuss both sides of issues...in a civil way. It is amusing to me when I see people resort to "personal attacks" on those they disagree with. Once they do that I know they don't have the intellectual foundation they need to back up their own beliefs, and feel compelled to resort to name-calling ("racist", hate-monger" fill-in-the-blank-basher"). If you disagree with me and want to call "BS" on me again...that right belongs to anyone here...I just don't see ANY VALUE AT ALL when a discussion is lowered to the level of personal attacks and name-calling.

No Bengal fan needs to bow down to either Coach Z or Jeff Tingey, not to me for that fact. I'm still waiting to meet that "perfect" person (some tell me he's in Washington, but I have my doubts), and know that I'll never even come close to getting there while I'm on this earth. Let's be animated...let's present our opinions and arguments we need to back them up...let's not become "haters" and name-callers...and let's all love the Bengals! (flower petals everywhere I go).

Oh yes...one more thing. I agree with Pocatato and bhumble that keeping this coach or getting a new one...neither is the solution that will turn around the real problems with athletics at ISU. The program needs more moral and financial support from not just the administration and state, but from the community, as well. I think we're actually seeing some more support from the administration, and will see even more as economic times improve, but until then...

Latest posts

Back