• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ZAMBERLIN SHOULD:

Liz Lambert is my hero :) Frank, I'm jealous. I wanna meet her someday! I wish we had her on our soccer team this year, I really do. I thought the nation blew everything out of proportion last year with her and I hated how BYU seemed to encourage it to make them look like little angels.

Frank, give that young lady my kudos. Superfan is a Lambert fan!!! :D

isusuperfan said:
Liz Lambert is my hero :) Frank, I'm jealous. I wanna meet her someday! I wish we had her on our soccer team this year, I really do. I thought the nation blew everything out of proportion last year with her and I hated how BYU seemed to encourage it to make them look like little angels.

Frank, give that young lady my kudos. Superfan is a Lambert fan!!! :D

Ross - This has nothing to do with Idaho State University, what Zamberlin "should" do, or even football. If you want to talk about New Mexico soccer then do it on their forum, but not here. Liz Lambert is a filthy player and an embarrassment to the sport. Meeting her would only end up with you getting your scrawny little ass kicked. If I were you, I would invest in a heavy dose of Guinness and sulk over your Buckeyes' loss today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEobeNfGcc[/youtube]

Easy....I'm a bit defensive about Liz...but I agree...this has zero to do with ISU and we should keep this thread on topic. However, S. Dogood you couldn't be more wrong about her. Again, wrong forum for that though.

Frank

Yeah agreed. Didn't mean to branch off there, I just saw that Frank posted so I wanted to let him know. There was no need to bash Ohio State either, Oh Ye of "Staying on Topic"...jackass...

Anyways, Frank, I sent a PM to ya, check it out and get back to me

Spartan-

Letuknow is right. Zamberlin DID confront me about my blog, and he did NOT like what I had to say and he demanded to know if I was on board or not. I responded that I was on board and left it at that to go horse around with the players and chuck passes around with Russel Hill, as was my wont.

Z reads the Den (and my blog! Thanks, Coach, readership is appreciated), the Admin reads the Den, and players are on this thing a LOT (I know because I see it).

Singlewing said:
jedimaster said:
Zamberlin sould not do anything after this semester, it should be the school that releases him. This program is going downhill fast and has been for four years. He has had his fair shot of chances. To renew him for 2 more years was a mistake on the schools part. As for the AD, that just makes this school more of a joke, who hires an AD with no school background? Hmmm like someone said above, it all starts at the top. He is the most unfriendly AD I have ever met, and from what I see has no desire to be around the athletes. The only way athletes know who he is, is by word of mouth. Does he even know any athletes? or does he just get to know their faces by the roster list. Now on to coaching staff...lets gut the whole staff and start over, half these kids that have recently quit have their reasons but to be honest the coaching staff has to do with a lot of them. No one wants to play for them! No offense to them because some of them are nice but nice does not win games or keep kids on the team. Another issue, half these kids that get hurt and end up needing surgery or other medical exams done, have to pay by their own insurance or find ways to take care of it themselves. The issue of taking care of these athletes is pathetic, they want to get away as cheap as they can without having to use the schools insurance for these kids....Great Program it sounds like

If Tingey is as inept as he is made out to be, do we really want him making another coaching hire? Just from what I gather reading here, maybe there needs to be a change in FB and at the AD spot if we are going to see ISU football (and athletic department in general) climb to expectations... at least that's how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tingey needs to go.

If Tingey is as inept as he is made out to be, do we really want him making another coaching hire? Just from what I gather reading here, maybe there needs to be a change in FB and at the AD spot if we are going to see ISU football (and athletic department in general) climb to expectations... at least that's how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.[/quote]

Tingey needs to go.[/quote]

Tingey, is not going anywhere. Vailis will not let him go as long as he is here. I agree, a fresh start is something that is needed but I don't think that will ever happen as long as Vailis is here, but changes are needed in the Athletic Department that is for sure. ;)

What's Jeff Tingey done that was so bad? He didn't even hire Zamberlin, Paul Bubb did. Tingey did extend his contract a couple years, but I think that he did that as a favor because Tingey scheduled us to play ASU and Oklahoma last year in order to get us out of debt and to build up the reserve fund a little.

Previous AD's that we hired, Irv Cross and Howard Gauthier, wouldn't even raise any money, whereas Tingey isn't afraid to get on the phone every day and make a lot of calls. He's got a good work ethic and has done a lot to manage the athletic dept. efficiently. Cross came here with all kinds of promises for nice facilities and corporate sponsors, etc., and he just went out and worked out all the time. Gauthier told ISU administration he didn't have time to raise any money, and subsequently was let go.

For some time we went through a revolving door of AD's, after Babe Caccia retired, and I think it's very important to have some stability at that position, and Tingey's from Pocatello and is glad to have the job. And Idaho had a lot of instability at that position before hiring Rob Spear. Furthermore, under Tingey's watch we've seen some nice improvements regarding facilities, including a new weight room, new locker rooms for FB, basketball, volleyball and soccer. Plus we'll be getting a new softball field soon as work is already being done on it, and soon we'll be getting a new artificial turf at a price of about $700,000 or so.

Tingey was the one that hired Seton Sobolewsky and Chad Teichert, and they both seem like they're doing a pretty good job here. And if Coach Z is let go in November, then I'm sure he'll hire someone here that's competent and will get us to be competitive with other league teams. My concern is that I wonder if we have enough money in the reserve fund to buy him out. BTW, does anybody here know why Larry Lewis was let go? I thought he did a pretty good job while he was here and it puzzles me as to why Bubb would let him go.

The only knock on Tingey is that he needs to be more approachable and go out and shake hands and shmooze with the boosters and fans, because he hasn't done a lot of that. Guys like Gauthier, Cross, Bubb and even Kelly Wiltbank seemed like they were good with people, and I could always walk up to them anytime and have nice conversations, whereas I have a more difficult time approaching Tingey. But I do like his dad pretty well and just saw him on Saturday when I was in town.

bengalharley said:
If Tingey is as inept as he is made out to be, do we really want him making another coaching hire? Just from what I gather reading here, maybe there needs to be a change in FB and at the AD spot if we are going to see ISU football (and athletic department in general) climb to expectations... at least that's how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tingey needs to go.[/quote]

Tingey, is not going anywhere. Vailis will not let him go as long as he is here. I agree, a fresh start is something that is needed but I don't think that will ever happen as long as Vailis is here, but changes are needed in the Athletic Department that is for sure. ;)[/quote]

+1

I see that bhumble, qb, and bengalharley have got in their weekly "Tingey needs to go" rant. I agree with BoiseBengal, but this is a non-issue. With the athletic department doing well as a whole, and the success Tingey has had raising money and improving facilities, he isn't going anywhere soon, and he shouldn't be.

Let's talk about the real issue: if FB fails to win any games, who can we get in here to replace Zamberlin and turn things around?

Irwin M. Fletcher said:
I see that bhumble, qb, and bengalharley have got in their weekly "Tingey needs to go" rant. I agree with BoiseBengal, but this is a non-issue. With the athletic department doing well as a whole, and the success Tingey has had raising money and improving facilities, he isn't going anywhere soon, and he shouldn't be.

Let's talk about the real issue: if FB fails to win any games, who can we get in here to replace Zamberlin and turn things around?

I think Tingey has done a pretty good job so far.

He is green at this level, just the same as Zamberlin. The big difference, Tingey has some measurable results from coaching hires, to fund-raising and facility upgrades.

Tingey really needs to focus on the communication inside the athletic department and work hard to unite them all together as a working and functioning department together. Academic Support is my primary concern because APR is something that needs to be fixed for ISU to get back on track.

If people are saying that he isn’t approachable, then perception is reality and Jeff needs to work on that.

ISU needs some longevity in the AD position, hand picked or not. At this point, I am more concerned with the direction that the football program is going. I’d say we give Jeff some time.

Jeff is not the problem, I promise.. He's made a few miniscule rookie mistakes, but the good he has done far outweighs the bad.. Does anyone know what kind, andwhen the turf project will be completed? Hopefully in time for next season, so we can start fresh on all accounts.. Our next coach is going to have to be a total gem, cuz man he has a huge hole to climb out of. One question i'd like to have Z & Staff answer to all of us: Is this program better off than what you inherited when you came in? The answer by any honest, half-educated mammal would be a resounding, NO!

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

Football is in the ditch. Tingey is the boss of the program that is in the ditch. The football staff and team are out of control. I realize it is unlikley but Tingey needs to go. Can you imagine this rookie (Tingey) finding our next coach? Disaster waiting to happen.

Can you imagine this rookie (Tingey) finding our next coach?

Easy to imagine. See Tingey's volleyball and women's basketball hires for example. I am confident Tingey will do much better than his seasoned predecessor.

Now, how about some suggestions for a new head coach?

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

Easy to imagine. See Tingey's volleyball and women's basketball hires for example. I am confident Tingey will do much better than his seasoned predecessor.

Bruce Barnum

Jeff has done a good job of establishing communications inside the department, especially on his end, meeting with coaches on a regular basis, and making sure his monthly letter gets out. One of Jeff's strengths is that he takes criticism very well, and works to change it.

I'm sure like any good A.D., he has names floating in his head in case a switch happens. Most A.D.s do....

Frank

bhumble said:
Irwin M. Fletcher said:

Bruce Barnum

BRUUUUUUUUUCE!

zamberlin should: be relieved of his duties as head football coach asap and be reassigned to the maintenance or custodial department for the remainder of his contract. not sure if this is possible within the bounds of that contract but i figure for the 120grand he gets a year we might as well get some light bulbs changed or toilets cleaned for it. it's a lot to pay for a medial service but it's better than nothing.

also i second that motion cub: BRUUUUUUUCE BARNUUUUUUUUUM!

Not sure any dept on campus would take Zamberlin. Maintainence has to fix things, Z continues to prove how much he can screw things up. Cleaning toilets may be alright... then again what if a supervisor commented on the stains he missed in the lockerroom toilets. He can't take criticism very well...

As much as I would love to have a new coach, especially a guy like Bruce, we still have the monkeys in holt. Zam and his ringling brothers crew need to go. This week would have been huge! A bye week to let the interim guy steer the ship in a different direction, a week to try and get some semblance of morale back into the guys. Plus if i read the contract right, it costs ISU the same if they do it now or at the end of the season.

Well I can see most of us agree on Coach Z leaving and the whole staff, which hopefully is accomplished after this season. I would hate to see them back because we don't have the money to find a new one..HA.

As for Tingey...Some of you like him, some of us don't. I can tell you that most of the athlete's don't, while this may not be the case for some. We can all be in agreement that YES, he has done some things for the athletic department, but with the mistakes he has made and problems that involve him, would he still be involved if this was a different school. I can tell you that any D1aa school would not hire a man without the credentials. And even with the pull from the inside, this would not be allowed at another school thats trying to build its programs. We don't need "rookie" mistakes so we can say "well he's just getting the hang of it". Starting fresh means starting from the top with people who know their stuff.

Obi Wan has taught him well...Tingey needs to go! At the end of season we can throw a "going away" parade for all of them.

Latest posts

Back